Hello spring! With the spring equinox that took place yesterday, I thought I would prepare a nice spring salad to share with you! I find arugula to be the perfect summer green, due to its lightness and freshness. I chose to add some beetroot to the dish, as it is very grounding and happens to be in season where I live. While I chose to omit this, you could choose to add some citrus fruit to your salad (orange, grapefruit…) to add some zing and make it even more fresh. Having that said, feel free to replace any ingredient with one that is in season where you live. I hope you enjoy this recipe, and if you prepare it, please send your creations with me!
- 1-5 handfuls of arugula (depending on how much salad you’re making)
- 1-3 beetroots, diced and cooked
- 1-2 tomatoes diced
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1 handful of nuts/ seeds of choice (walnuts, cashews, shaved almonds, etc)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 clove of garlic pressed
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp agave/ maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- In a salad bowl, start by placing the arugula.
- Proceed by washing and slicing your vegetables. Now, place those, along with the cooked and sliced beet, in your salad bowl.
- You can now sprinkle on the seed/ nuts of your choice. You could also choose to sprinkle on dried or fresh fruit (use in-season if possible).
- To make the dressing, simply place all of the ingredients in a shaker bottle, shake well, and adjust to taste.
- Now, simply pour the dressing on top of the salad, mix it well, and enjoy!
- If you are eating this salad as your main meal, I recommend adding in some chickpeas or other beans, for some extra protein and deliciousness! Adding some avocado will also help to keep you full and satisfied 🙂