- 125g almond flour
- 225 all purpose flour
- 200g margarine/ solid coconut oil
- 100g cane sugar
- 1/2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cornstarch/ maizena
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Start by cutting up the margarine/ solid coconut oil into cubes
- Add it to a bowl, along with the remainder of the ingredients
- With your hands or a flexible spatula, knead the ingredients into a dough ball.
- Divide the ball into 5 logs/ sausages, and wrap them in c-ling wrap or place them in reusable zip- locks. Place these in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Now, remove the dough logs from their wrapper and cut them up into 1cm- thick slices.
- Mold each slice with your hand and shape them into a crescent (see image). Repeat until you finished the dough.
- Place these onto a non- stick baking mat, and cook in the oven for 12 mins.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. You can now dust/ roll them into icing sugar to obtain that lovely white coating (you can choose to skip this step or instead, dip each end of the crescents in dark chocolate)
- Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container for up to a week!